Author Topic: Is OnlyShowPlaylistWithRegExMatch working?  (Read 714 times)

toastradio

• morning show host
    • View Profile
    • Toast Radio
Is OnlyShowPlaylistWithRegExMatch working?
« on: February 02, 2016, 11:58:34 pm »
Mac OS X 10.11.1
DJ 2015.12.2
Scheduler 2016.2.1b1

Am I missing something with OnlyShowPlaylistWithRegExMatch? I quit out of Scheduler and add the line to the prefs file, but no matter how basic or complex of a pattern I use, I don’t see any change in the playlists shown in Scheduler’s menus. I have the same issue in DJ when I set a value in Advanced Preferences.

Lane

• Administrator
  • fat cat
    • View Profile
    • Radiologik User Forum
Re: Is OnlyShowPlaylistWithRegExMatch working?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 07:37:53 am »
I've never used that feature. I probably should, cuz I have one loooooong bunch of playlists. I'll try to test it out in the next couple of days if no one else chimes in with a useful response.

Jay Lichtenauer

• Global Moderator
  • fat cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 02:02:38 am »
It was working but not right away as playlist data was loaded before the preference and it would take iTunes writing an update to the XML to get it to show properly. Got that fixed so it should work right away for next version, beta up now.

toastradio

• morning show host
    • View Profile
    • Toast Radio
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 02:52:01 am »
Working perfectly with Scheduler 2016.2.1b4 — thanks!

BW_Development

• gofer
  • With Silence In Mind...
    • View Profile
    • Oneness Voices Radio
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 01:33:47 am »
I quit out of Scheduler and add the line to the prefs file, but no matter how basic or complex of a pattern I use, I don’t see any change in the playlists shown in Scheduler’s menus. I have the same issue in DJ when I set a value in Advanced Preferences.
Could You be so please to make here 2-3 examples?
We have a lot of playlists and playlist assets, folders in iTines.
So, better to teach this and using on 100%. :)
Thank You!
ONENESS-VOICES.fm - Radio Station for Oneness: 24/7 Music transporting listeners to a deeper place where they can quiet the mind and open the heart. Best world's spiritual, devotional & meditative music, ethno & world roots music, carefully selected Jazz music and music for ordinary everyday life...

toastradio

• morning show host
    • View Profile
    • Toast Radio
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 06:59:05 pm »
In my case, I have playlists like “TR 5-star” and “TR Station IDs” so my pattern is:

Code: [Select]
OnlyShowPlaylistWithRegExMatch=^TR
The caret means to start from the beginning of the line, so it matches any playlist that starts with “TR(space)”.

The caret’s likely overkill — I don’t have any playlists like “My OTR Playlist” or anything — but… old habits. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The RegEx Pal site mentioned in Scheduler’s Advanced Preferences help is great for debugging patterns. What types of playlist names are you trying to match?