Author Topic: Issues with RDJ thru iMic to Nicecast  (Read 37 times)

Jhavenhurst

• gofer
    • View Profile
Issues with RDJ thru iMic to Nicecast
« on: March 19, 2017, 01:51:50 pm »
I am now broadcasting live sending the output of Radiologik to iMic out USB - iMic out to an analog mixer - mixer output to iMic in USB - Nicecast audio source iMic in USB.  It works very well, but I have some questions on System Preferences.  I had it working with the System audio set to the Mac Mini audio output for normal usage, so that any sounds from iTunes etc would not go out over the air.  However, right now the audio does not make it to iMic if I don't have the System Preferences set to iMic USB out.  I'm not sure if it is due to Nicecast or the Mac or Radiologik. 
It just seems strange that even though Radiologik is set to iMic out and Nicecast set to iMic in that I still am required to set the Mac system audio to iMic out to get the signal to pass.  Any ideas or experience with this?

Jurgen

Lane

• Administrator
  • fat cat
    • View Profile
    • Radiologik User Forum
Re: Issues with RDJ thru iMic to Nicecast
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 03:41:17 pm »
Quit all the audio apps and start nicecast first. Double check it's set to audio device iMic. Lower the volumn slider in nicecast. Then start the other things.

If that doesn't work, reboot and do it again. We want to make sure nicecast is grabbing the input on imic.

You absolutely want system audio to be something else.

Jay Lichtenauer

• Global Moderator
  • fat cat
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with RDJ thru iMic to Nicecast
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 10:07:15 am »
Sounds like Radiologik is still sending to the System choice. Make sure your players are set to the the output you want. You define an on-air output in Preferences-->Audio I/O but you must set the players to that output above all players. Audio outputs are demonstrated here:
http://www.radiologik.com/?v=4