Author Topic: Make a long..such as an 8 or 10 hr playlist  (Read 4531 times)

mikesan

• gofer
    • View Profile
Re: Make a long..such as an 8 or 10 hr playlist
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 07:33:56 pm »
In a post above, Jay said:
"To Schedule ahead by x minutes:
http://macinmind.com/Help/Radiologik/Scheduler/index.htm#AdvancedOptions"

(this link refers to: Advanced Preferences -- "To edit advanced options, quit Scheduler, open the scheduler's preference file ~/Library/Preferences/Radiologik/Radiologik Scheduler Preferences in TextEdit, make the change to the text file, save and relaunch Scheduler.")

Can someone please expound on this please, I'm not sure it explains enough for me - once in the file - make what change and where?

Also, in the same post Jay says,
"If you need to schedule at a different time than 20 minutes before the start time, you can change this time to be whatever number of minutes before and that will apply to all schedule segments."  ... & ...  "The highest logical maximum would have to be under 23 hours ahead since Scheduler would not be able to distinguish a days worth of queued tracks in DJ."

Having read those two statements, to me, at face value (i.e. as a newcomer and novice at RLDJ, and just as I read it), it seems in Scheduler Preferences, it can only be set up to 999 minutes before - which is only 16.65 hours before, to get 22 hours before it'd need to be set to 1320 minutes,... what am I missing here?  (Or is this where the Textediting comes in?)

In overview, my situation is that I want to run a 12 hour program from 9am to 9pm, 7 days a week (i.e. 12 1-hour blocks).  Each day while that day's programing is playing I need to see/build the next day's programming log so to record the breaks for each hour (knowing what songs will be played).  I think I could run multiple instances on the same Mac Mini with each version set to alternating days of the week so no overlap (i.e. Version A is MWFS, version B is TTS - with a little tweak/flipflop once a week for the upcoming back-to-back Sun/Mon). 

I think I am understanding that this can all also be achieved by "saving" programs to load later (something I have not looked into in depth yet). 

I hope this makes sense.  Appreciative of any help in understanding if this is possible, and how. 

Lane

• Administrator
  • fat cat
    • View Profile
    • Radiologik User Forum
Re: Make a long..such as an 8 or 10 hr playlist
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 06:56:40 am »
Have you opened the file?

You should fine this "Schedule Mins Before Start="

I have no idea what happens if you put a value larger than 999 as you wish. I've never tested that.

I don't quite understand why you need to do this the way you do. If it's to announce songs, you can take advantage of the intro/outro files for artists and even specific songs.

Something related I do for a weekly show is create a playlist manually in iTunes, and put voice tracks in it. I have scheduler use the rotated playlist so I can create a few weeks of shows in advance and know Scheduler will schedule them in order.

Anyway. Lots of ways a person can do a thing. If that way makes sense to you, goferit.